Skip to toolbar

Spaghetti Squash Pie

I altered an old family recipe to make this easy to fill up on without all the carb guilt. That being said – I know it still needs some work. Give it a try and see what you can do! 🙂

Spaghetti Squash Pie
1 large spaghetti squash
2 large eggs
2 tblsp melted butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup italian 5 or 6 cheese blend
1 cup cottage cheese – I use small curd
1 cup your choice of pasta sauce
1 lb turkey burger
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Spices to taste: salt and/or celery salt, pepper, italian blend (I use about a tblsp)

Roast spaghetti squash and leave oven heated to 350°. Be sure to save the seeds to roast later for a great snack! Toss squash with melted butter/oil, eggs, italian cheese, and spices. Press “crust” into a greased deep-dish pie dish. (I would suggest baking the crust for about 10-15 mins – maybe while you brown the turkey burger. Since squash has a lot of water in it, the dish can get a little “soupy” if you don’t bake out some of the moisture and mop it up a bit with some paper towels. You definitely don’t *have* to do this step, just a personal preference.)
Layer cottage cheese, turkey burger, and pasta sauce into the crust and bake for 25-30 mins. When there’s about 10-15 mins left; add mozzarella to the top to melt.

And there it is! I hope you enjoy it; lemme know what you think! 🙂

• Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Join this group to participate in the forum and connect with others in the T1D community.

Register Login

User Groups

@

Not recently active