Skip to toolbar

Goat Cheese and asparagus fritata

My husband got excited about this recipe and brought it home.  I’m basically writing it from memory, it was so easy!

Dice and saute a scallion in an oven-proof skillet (cast iron) over medium heat; when limp, add sliced mushrooms, saute until golden brown.  Remove mushrooms, add 6 oz diced fresh asparagus, cook until tender (recipe called for cooking in butter, but I think olive or canola oil will work, too).  Remove asparagus from pan.

Whisk 2 eggs per person, milk, salt and pepper to taste; add to pan, arrange vegetables over eggs, cover, and cook over med heat until eggs are set (10-12 minutes).

When eggs are set, remove cover, sprinkle 3 oz goat cheese over eggs, put under broiler (on low?) for 2 min, or eggs are golden brown.

Enjoy!

• Did you make this recipe up or did you find it and if so were?

• Hi Josie,

I found it, but I don’t know where. I like fritatas, but can never remember how to cook them. I just google ingredients and try whatever looks good.

Don’t be afraid to try something new! Worst case, you throw it away and eat pb&j. 🙂

• Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Join this group to participate in the forum and connect with others in the T1D community.

Register Login

User Groups

@

Not recently active