Skip to toolbar

Peer group for elementary school kids

I am in search of a playdate for my 7 year old to be around peers with T1D.

He has been wonderful at seeing the doctors, doing the insulin pump routine, etc. but the mental aspect is falling short. I have had T1D for 46 years so I am familiar with the logistics, but my son would rather speak to others his age and compare his routine.

We are in the Laurel, MD area. So if you are nearby, please let me know.

• I am not nearby, but you may be able to connect with others through your local JDRF chapter. Also, look to see if there are any local diabetes camps in your area. It may (or may not) be too late to sign him up for this summer, but it’s something to consider in the future.

• Have you signed him up for a snail mail penpal through Beyond Type 1? If not, that’s a super fun way to connect. I’d definitely check with your local ADA and JDRF chapter to see if they have local meetups. If not, create one yourself, I’m sure on the facebook groups you can find a number of Type 1 parents in your area. Good luck!

• Hello there. I live in Arizona. Far from you but could we possibly communicate online. My daughter is 7 as well and newly diagnosed. I don’t have anyone to talk to about this new diagnosis (She was diagnosed On June 9th 2017) and I’m trying to find someone in my same shoes for advise and a shoulder when I’m overwhelmed. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you
    Teressa M.

• Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Join this group to participate in the forum and connect with others in the T1D community.

Register Login

User Groups

@

Not recently active