Skip to toolbar

Overnight checks

Hi everyone,

My 3yr old son Jackson was recently diagnosed with T1D and I’ve been concerned with how many overnight checks everyone does if your child isn’t on a cgm or before they were put on a cgm?

• Hi Shawn. My daughter was older when diagnosed so it was easier for her to tell me how she felt. Depending upon her bedtime number I usually did a midnight and 3am check for first month we were home. Is she was low at that time I would giver her 15 carbs and do one 15-20 minutes after. I found during the night she wasn’t good about drinking so we kept tube frosting on hand. hope this helps

• Hi Shawn,
    My daughter was diagnosed at 16 months and we spent the first month on shots (then went to pump) and the first 3- 4 years without a CGM. I would check her about 10pm and about 1 am (depending on her BG before bed and what she ate for dinner). Active insulin for her at the time lasted about 3 hours. The CGM will give you lots of peace of mind. I can actually sleep through the night now! That was never a possibility for me before the CGM. As you get use to his trends and what foods can make his BG vary, you will get more comfortable with how often to check him over night.

• Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Join this group to participate in the forum and connect with others in the T1D community.

Register Login

User Groups

@

Not recently active