Skip to toolbar

Low Carb snacks for 13 month old

My daughter was recently diagnosed with Type 1 at 13 months. She’s only got four teeth, so we’re pretty limited in our low-carb snack options. Does anybody have any suggestions? We’ve been trying hotdogs, Vienna sausages, and plenty of cheese.

• Try some cut up fruit? Chunks of banana or strawberries? Or avocados? Cook carrots until they are soft and cut into chunks or sticks to chew on. Most of the snacks made for babies are pretty low carb as well, like the Gerber puffs, yogurt melts, etc.

• Hi Laura,

I have a 3 year old and we have actually been giving her a lot of the toddler packaged snacks as her “free” (5 g carb or less) snacks. Like KSmerk mentioned, the puffs and yogurt melts are really low carb if you give the right serving. I think 1/4 cup of yogurt melts is ~5 g. My daughter also likes to lick peanut butter off the spoon. No teeth required for that 🙂

Best of luck!

• Hi Laura,
    My Grand Daughter was diagnosis at 13 months as well. We are in Michigan. If you don’t mind me asking was is your insulin regiment and how is it going. My GD takes Levimere and Novalog. Are you using a CGM?

• My son was diagnosed this week. He is 12 months old. He is still in the hospital and will hopefully be released tomorrow. We are thinking veggie straws and pirates booty for good snack options. My thoughts at this point is that they probably wont even eat a full serving at snack time. Dr. suggested soft cheeses, turkey… I will probably do puffs as well… Please let me know if you come up with other ideas.

• Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Join this group to participate in the forum and connect with others in the T1D community.

Register Login

User Groups

@

Not recently active