Skip to toolbar

Anyone Else Anxious About Change?

I have previously ordered the Omnipod in an attempt to start myself on the pump, but my nerves got the best of me. The pumps have been stored away and yet I find myself wondering if I should give it a try.

• Hi @gmanle01,

If I was in your shoes, I’d certainly go for the change. You are a “locked member” on here so I have no idea about your length of time living with diabetes nor your past treatment protocol. And if your doctor prescribed using a pump, why question that professional advice without even giving the Omnipod

For me beginning a pump protocol after 48 years managing diabetes with progressively better methods, was a game-changer. A pump has provided my with much more flexibility in my life. As long as I maintain proper basal rates [I have eight different “standard” basal rate changes each day] I need not be concerned about the occasion when I must skip a meal, for instance for surgery, or is a meal time is delayed, for instance at a banquet.

I’ve survived for more than sixty years living with diabetes by being proactive – and staying aware.

• @gmanle01, my very first pump sat in the box 6 months. scared the &$^%#$% out of me. then I tried it. we’ve been there, good luck.

• What you’re feeling is normal, but don’t let it hold you back. When I first switched to a pump I felt kind of sad and like I was missing something. I was missing shots after 25 years of doing them! Weird but true. A pump helped me SO much. Would never go back to shots.

• Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Join this group to participate in the forum and connect with others in the T1D community.

Register Login

User Groups

@

Not recently active