Skip to toolbar

hey

Phoenix…

They replaced him.  He just “looked” confused in between pitches. I remember seeing the manager ask him…are you OK? and the guy shaking his head …no

• 1. 5 years, i'm 27 now

2. minimed 522, i use about 30 units a day

3. about 4 times. if there are problems i test as many as 8. And every now and then it'll be…. once a day. Trying to be more of a 5x a day guy.

I hear there's this new meter (ibg star) coming out (once it is approved by the fda:-/) that fits onto bottom of iphone. I wanna get it. then maybe i won't have to carry a big meter case with me everywhere….:) girls are lucky they have purses

• 1) almost 13 yrs

2) minimed paradigm, about 60 units/day

3) working on getting back up to 4-5x daily……..spent a few years off the wagon, so to speak.

• 1. almost 3 years

2. minimed paradigm

3. 7-8 times a day

• Sup dudes! Anyone in California?

1. How long have you had diabetes? 22 years, Im 27 now.

2. Do you use a pump or injections? Pump MiniMed

3. How many times a day do you check your blood sugar? Eh depends. Not much for testing these days.

• Hi, my name is Kevin I live in West Central Texas; I found out today that I was misdiagnosed over a year ago when I discovered I had diabetes. My antibodies have apparently attacking my pancreas for the last eight years I am, now newly diagnosed as T1D as of today. I am an elementary school special education educator, and life with diabetes is very, very hard for me.

1. How long have you had diabetes?

A: Diagnosed 1 1/2 years, UN-diagnosed and untreated 8 years.

2. Do you use a pump or injections?

A: I take five injections of two different insulin’s daily, I take Toujeo 60 units every 12 hours, and Novolog 10 units before each meal.

3. How many times a day do you check your blood sugar?

A: I check my blood sugar three times a day, and as needed if I feel bad.

• I would like to know if anyone is aware of any programs that provide assistance with purchasing insulin. I have health insurance that is just about worthless. In order for me to take what my endocrinologist prescribes I have to spend close to $1,000 a month. Is this common for TID insulin without a pump?

• Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

Join this group to participate in the forum and connect with others in the T1D community.

Register Login

User Groups

@

Not recently active