Skip to toolbar

Transitioning Out of Pediatric Care

Hi all, I am a 22 yr old grad student that has had T1D since I was six years old. I live in the Houston area, so I’ve always gone to Texas Childrens’ Hospital for medical care. I formally stopped going when my nurse practitioner retired, but I can’t remember the name of the group she recommended. So, to the point, does anyone know of a place in Houston that somewhat focuses on young adults w/Type 1? Or any advice on how to find the right place for me? Thanks!

  • #121497
  • hi @erinelizabeth95, I have no experience in Texas but for what it’s worth, a starting point is to find an endocrinologist. they are diabetes specialists. If you are still covered on your parents insurance, then you can ask the insurance company for a list of endocrinologists that take your insurance in your area. cheers good luck!

  • #121502
  • Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

    Join this group to participate in the forum and connect with others in the T1D community.

    Register Login

    User Groups


    Not recently active