Skip to toolbar

fun medical id bracelets

looking for an id bracelet for a 17 year old to wear – not liking the “pandoraish” ones – or the traditional. something a little fashion friendly that she can wear when out and about. website links would be great – and any links for any fun stuff – recently diagnosed 2 months ago.

• Hi there. I was looking for the same thing, and I came across this site. http://www.designsforlives.com/medical-id/ Not particularly fancy, but not the typical fare. After having worn medical ID bracelets for a million years, my experience is that the lighter the overall weight, the better. Also, less potential irritants means the jewelry is more likely NOT to be “forgotten.” Best of luck to you.
    Jacquie

• Cute!

ooh…just found a really cute and different one.

I’m sure there are a million different styles out there. I’ve had them in gold, silver, copper, leather, and even recycled rubber tires. I’ve found that having several to suit different occasions never hurts, but having one main one that is unobtrusive enough to be comfortably worn 24/7 is anybody’s best bet.

OK. That’s enough from me.

• i liked those – thanks.
    Will look into them some more. Very simple – but work

• like the idea of many – might be easier for the 17 year old to be more willing to wear them. Thanks again

• I just thought I’d add my favorite, not sure if it’s what you’re looking for.

I really like the Road ID. You get a metal plate with your info, and you can swap out the band color. I have the Slim ID, and I like it because it is very unobtrusive. All the information is there, but it’s just a solid band. I got the name/info plate as well as a smaller health alert symbol add-on. I have 5-6 colored bands (they’re really inexpensive), and I change them out to match whatever I’m wearing. Most people just think it’s a cause bracelet of some sort (I’ve also had people ask if it’s a fitbit), but this style is known well enough that I have confidence that medical staff would know to look at it.

https://www.roadid.com/

• Trying to leave a message, but it’s not appearing.

• Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Join this group to participate in the forum and connect with others in the T1D community.

Register Login

User Groups

@

Not recently active