Skip to toolbar

Help! Weight loss impossible?

I’ve struggled like most everyone here. I did go to a doctor that actually listened. I am on Contrave. It works after about 14 months I have lost 50 pounds !! I have no side effects and it has not interfered with my BS numbers. My suggestion is talk to your doctor about getting this medication. Good luck to you

• I looked into Contrave. My Endo even offered to prescribe it. It helps weight loss by reducing hunger and cravings. I don’t stay hungry or crave anything. I am at the point where I don’t want to think about eating so I just buy the Nutrisystem D boxes at Walmart every week. If I eat “normal” and healthy I usually gain weight. The Nutrisystem is the only thing I have found that I will not gain weight eating, BUT I do not lose weight either. I have been desperately trying to figure this out, especially with my wedding in 5 months. I have read Joe’s posts and that sounds like it might be my problem but it seems so complicated I don’t even know how to start, organize it or do it correctly.

• So my doctor has recommended taking a supplement that works in conjunction with exercising and he said I would drop the next 10 lbs no problem. The problem is I really don’t exercise regularly. If you are interested I will let you know what the supplement is when I get back home later today. Again I don’t use it but trust my Dr would not suggest without full confidence it would not effect my BS # ‘s, let me know! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

• Thank you and yes I would like to know what he suggested. 🙂

• Hello!
    I have been a T1 for 24 years. I have always been active, counted carbs, avoided all the no-no’s, etc. Within the last year I have tacked on another 15 pounds and I just can’t understand why. I see a naturopath in addition to my endo. My blood work comes back fine, but my naturopath believes I have a low functioning thyroid. Anyone else dealing with this? It would explain the weight gain and inability to take it off despite all my efforts to eat right and work out. Again, my TSH and T4 all come back fine. I am asking for a slew of other thyroid tests bc I am now more educated about what tests they run. @tikicristi, you might benefit from getting a more in depth thyroid panel and seeing if that is what is stopping you from losing weight too.
    @Joe-I thought I saw a post earlier with you saying your thyroid isn’t working either! How do you manage your thyroid now? I am curious, you seem very well-versed!
    ~Kristin

• Hi all,
    I am passing along some information that may be helpful. I have had T1D for over ten years and until very recently, I REALLY struggled with my weight. After diagnosis, treating frequent hypos, and three pregnancies, I gained close to 50 lbs and really could not get it off despite efforts. I tried low carb dieting and running programs and didn’t lose a pound.

THEN, last August, my friend referred me to a trainer who also has T1D. SHe works with a company called Beachbody and literally walked me through my weight loss. If you buy a beachbody program (~140$), she will work with you for free indefinitely. SHe does most of her consulting online, so she can literally work with anyone. It was seriously the best 140$ I ever spent. Working with Suzan, I have lost 30 lbs so far! I still have a ways to go, but I am finally making progress. SHe helps with diet and exercise plans and understands how to help avoid lows during exercise. here is the link to the specific diet/exercise program that I used : http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCP21D160?referringRepId=1253094

let me know if you’d like more info! Suzan is seriously the BEST and she really gets diabetes 🙂

• Hi! I’m new to this site. Diagnosed T1 one year ag at age 52. 5’6″ 154 lbs but should be 140. I’m beginning Keto. Very frustrated. I exercise every day (interval training or yoga or hiking/biking, light weight lifting etc). I eat well/very little and very little alcohol. My dr ordered lab work for thyroid. I’d love to hire a personal trainer who has T1 but don’t know where to look. Thank you for all your suggestions. I ordered the Keto for Type 1 Diabetes book.

• Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

Join this group to participate in the forum and connect with others in the T1D community.

Register Login

User Groups

@

Not recently active